Monday, December 12, 2011

Proof

The incredible diversity of tropical reef systems is one of my favorite things about fishing in Hawaii. I caught five fish today, all of them different species and all caught using basically the same technique. Four, a lizardfish, a cornetfish, and two papio (one white, one bluefin), were all fairly small, but the fifth was a nice bonefish that I hooked at the bottom of a steep drop off.
Different people have different criteria for when a fish counts as "caught." I reeled the bonefish in and actually lifted it out of the water in my hand before it struggled free and escaped. Many people would count that as "caught," but I always feel better when I bring home a photo.
what should have happened...

what really happened!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your photoshop skills are almost as good as your fishing skills!